Monday, February 28, 2005

Decode The Mnemonic

PuzzleHey folks my last puzzle seemed to be not all that difficult for you greats, so this one is a little more interesting (read a little difficult)...



Decode The Mnemonic:

Now I - Even I, would celebrate
In rhymes unapt the great
Immortal syracusan rivaled never more
Who in his wondrous lore
Passed on before,
Left men his guidance
How to circles mensurate.

To give you a hint all I would like to say is "Read the Mnemonic again" and if I had to classify this post then I would do it as "recreational mathematics", So folks, come on, just do it.

In case you’re thinking that why don't I mention the source, I would like to
mention that even the answers are there.
P.S: It took me 11 minutes to decode, so take your time.
P.P.S: In case any one of you wants to post his or her own puzzle, trivia or
question, you are more than welcome.

1 comment:

Subiet said...

The answer is that it is the value of pi upto 20 correct places of decimal. the number of letters in each word indicate a numeral, i.e. "Now I even ...." - {3.14....}